Teachers Application

In Australia, people who work or volunteer with children are screened for suitability. As part of this screening process, nominated state agencies examine an applicant’s police information including criminal charges, offences, findings of guilt and professional conduct reports across the applicant’s lifetime.

The screening process also considers the relevant state or territory legislation, which differs in terms of:

  • the type of history that may prevent a person from obtaining registration or a Working with Children Card (WWCC)
  • how long the registration is valid for
  • who is required to be registered.

If an applicant passes the screening processes they may be registered to work with children and/or vulnerable people for a set period of time according to the state or territory that issues the registration.

Where can I get a working with children check?

A single screening unit has been set up in each state and territory to conduct working with children checks and issue the resulting cards, registrations or permits. The following state and territory screening units are the only organisations allowed, under legislation, to conduct working with children checks:

Australian Capital Territory

Access Canberra—Working with Vulnerable People

New South Wales

Office of the Children’s Guardian

Northern Territory

Northern Territory Government


Queensland Government Department of Justice and Attorney-General –Blue Card Services

South Australia

Department for Communities and Social Inclusion


Department of Justice


Justice and Community Safety

Western Australia

Department of Communities

ABN Requirements for Self-Employed Teachers

To reach our objective of independent, decentralised, sovereign groups within the Grow Together School, you will be required to operate as a self-employed sole trader business on the platform with your own ABN (Australian Business Number).

If you do not have ABN yet, please apply below.

Complete your Application and after submission you will be redirected to pay the annual administration application fee (each year you will be required to resubmit your updated details).

Note – Please upload the requested information using your phone to take a photo of documents, licences and birth certificates or upload scanned PDF’s. Allowed file types are – jpeg, jpg, png, & pdf.